I'm getting hungry just kind of thinking about this and for anyone that goes to this - eat something for me.
On Saturday, August 7th, The Second Annual Korean BBQ Cook-off will showcase a selection of the best dishes by top Korean BBQ restaurants and vendors. Following the success of last year’s Cook-off, which drew over 10,000 eager fans, this year’s event will feature more restaurants, a larger selection of vendors and a larger venue. The anticipated Cook-off features a panel of judges (below) who will rate the competing dishes in the following categories: LA galbi (marinated bone-in beef ribs), galbi (marinated boned-out beef ribs), pork ribs and bulgogi (marinated sliced sirloin). The Second Annual Korean BBQ Cook-off is presented by the Korean American Coalition, Los Angeles, Councilmember Herb J. Wesson, Jr. and Councilmember Tom LaBonge. Visit www.kbbqcookoff.com for more information.
WHEN: Saturday, August 7, 2010 from 12:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- 2:00 pm – All-You-Can-Eat contest with mystery ingredient
- 3:30 pm – Soju Mix-Off, sponsored by Jinro and Sauce LA
- 5:00 pm – Cook-Off competition
- 6:15 pm – Awards ceremony
WHERE: The event will take place on the upper parking lot of the 3600 Wilshire building, located at 3600 Wilshire Blvd. Between Kingsley Dr. and Harvard Blvd.
- Free admission
- All plates will be sold for $5 each (cash only)
- Beer garden
- Other food booths will include (tentative list): Cool Haus, shaved ice, drinks, grilled corn, and more.
- Barbecue categories will include LA galbi (marinated bone-in beef ribs), galbi (marinated boned-out beef ribs), pork ribs, and bulgogi (marinated sliced sirloin).
- FREE bike valet via Flying Pigeon LA will be available at the event from Noon – 6pm.