Considered one of the rising (and youngest) stars in the Republican party, Gov. Bobby Jindal of Louisiana has just snared another coup. Republican leaders announced today that he’s been selected to deliver the G.O.P.’s response to President Obama’s speech before a joint session of Congress on Feb. 24.While Jindal is definitely becoming a rising star in the GOP, and I'm happy to see a young Asian and Indian American rise in the political scene - just between you and me - no way in hell would I vote for him in 2012, because while it's great that he's Asian, I just couldn't get behind someone who's:
Mr. Jindal, whose name was floated as a possible vice-presidential partner for Senator John McCain during last year’s campaign, will speak from Baton Rouge.
- Rated 100% by the NRLC, not indicating a pro-choice stance, and pretty much has a "no exceptions" policy.
- Voted YES on Constitutionally defining marriage as one-man-one-woman.
- Rated 0% by the HRC, indicating an anti-gay-rights stance
- Rated 33% by the NAACP, indicating an anti-affirmative-action stance.
- Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date.