Here are some of my thoughts now that the 2009 Oscars are over with:
1. That was a lot of Asian people on the Oscars - more so than anytime else I can remember.
Loved the dance numbers.
2. Slumdog Millionaire pounced the competition so bad that I almost felt sorry for everyone else (the keyword though being "almost").
3. While I was a complete fan of Penelope Cruz in her past movies I would never pay to see Vicky Cristina Barcelona or give it any award for one simple reason:
When you pimp out your Asian stepdaughter - to yourself - using your parental power and influence to get your incestual pedo on - that's just fucked up - and I really do have to question anyone that works with him.
You gotta have standards don't ya?
4. I'm not really sure what I think about the Best Actor/Actress "Let me speak to you directly" presentation that they did this year - it seemed a little forced (especially for the guys).
I think they should skip it next time.
5. Seriously - will I ever be able to get away from Breakfast At Tiffany's? Can we just stop referencing that movie altogether?
6. The Conscience of Nhem En didn't win, but I was glad to see the film Departures win (even though I still have to see both). Yeah - I know what you're going to say, but do you think I really care?
7. Didn't Alicia Keys look great? And can you believe they paired her with Zack Efron? Goes down as the worst pairing in Oscar history.
8. Did I just post up on Zack Efron? Damn - I need a break.