- While the Miss Universe crown is valued at 120K - and it's great that it was designed by Rosalina Tran Lydster of Jewelry by Rosalina and Ms. Dang Thi Kim Lien of CAO Fine Jewelry of Vietnam - I just find it odd that the first runner up only receives $3,000 in cash and a crystal trophy, while the winner of Best in Swimwear mini competition gets $2000 cash (and was won by Miss Mexico).
- Three Vietnamese judges join the jury - Nguyen Cong Khe (Editor-in-chief of Thanh Nien Newspaper), Rosalina Tran Lydster (Vietnamese-American), the co-designer of the crown for Miss Universe 2008, and Thuy Tran, (Vietnamese-American fashion/art expert).
- I just can't believe that it's going to be hosted by Jerry Springer and Mel B.
- Sucks to be UK entrant Lisa Lazarus who had her luggage lost and has had to rely on her mom to send her some emergency outfits.
- I'm not saying other people can't rock the ao dai, and Miss Venezuela was kidnapped as a child...but they are in Nha Trang.
- While I'm glad that the contestants visited the SOS Nha Trang village for disadvantaged children, couldn't they have ponied up a little more than $6300 bucks? I know 100 million VND sounds like a lot, but they could have at least made it an even $10k.
Word to the cute kids in Nam who led contestants out in the rain with their umbrellas.